Monday, September 3, 2018

Marble, Colorado


Happy Labor Day! I hope you are doing something fun today. Here is one of my fondest memories.


Labor Day 2005

We took my parents to beautiful Colorado to see my son.  Rather, he took his dad to photograph scenery.







 
Maroon Bells is a short drive from Aspen. Even with a layer of clouds, the peaks and reflection were beautiful.




From there we went to Marble.  My mother was recovering from knee surgery. Nevertheless, she was gung ho to hike to the back entrance of the Yule Marble Quarry where some of the whitest marble in the world is mined. We walked slowly, and she held my arm. She was determined to see everything. When we got there, we had some fun. It's hard to tell from a photo, but that slab was about 5 feet tall and at least 8X8 square.





What good sports.



The good sportsmanship didn't last when we got home and printed these pictures. Mom thought they were funny.  Dad didn't.

Rule 19:  Don't out kid a kidder.

More touristy information:

Marble Mine


 This is the chunk I lugged back down the trail to the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment